Any interaction with an advanced civilization raises questions about our role and autonomy in the universe. We must make it clear who we are and what we consider to be right and what we consider to be wrong.
1. Humans have the right to self-determination.
2. Humans have a right to not be manipulated by other civilizations.
3. Humans have a right not to have the pillars of human society manipulated by other civilizations, including economy, technology, and civic arrangements.
4. The planet Earth is the sacred home of human beings.
5. Life on Earth should not be interfered with or manipulated by outside beings.
6. Humans have a right to determine how First Contact proceeds.
7. Humans can determine how much information and what type of information they decide to receive about the outside universe.
8. The resources of the planet Earth are the property of citizens of Earth.
9. The solar system of Earth is the property and home of citizens of Earth.
10. Earthlings can decide which beings can enter the solar system and under what conditions.
11. Earthlings can decide which beings can enter Earth atmosphere and under what conditions.
12. Humans will enter into the larger known universe as productive and responsible citizens.
13. Humans will decide exactly how that entry into the larger known universe proceeds.
14. Humans will expect honesty from all parties interacting with the citizens of planet Earth.
15. Humans will demand honesty and forthright disclosure of any past interactions between alien civilizations and people of the planet Earth.